Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bottled up for so long ...


Bottled up for so long I immediately thought of you
…mine, ours, yours even their scars are relevant.


The pain may be brutal but it ain’t that way no more.
No mas, no more - the hiding the fear or the insecurity.
Its a wonder I have a brain. Thank God, thank my mama,
and all the others who meant and done, done, me well.

The rest of them steeped in they re ignorance that sometimes
dwells in them there high places. What’s it called something ism.

Fishing is mellow, quiet and relaxing… I don’t go there no
more because that water don’t fish.

The pain of our father’s the pain of our mother’s the pain of those …
…who loved us, made us know even when we didn’t want it..
.to whom much is given much is expected.

It’s really mine, ours, yours and theirs. “Uncork the cap”
Copyright ©2008 Carter Irvin

http://www.aweber.com/order.htm?295877

No comments: